“The hard part is not getting there but staying there.” I’m sure you started the year with a lot of desire and motivation to train and change to a healthy lifestyle. You started off at full throttle but after the first few weeks of physical exercise that motivation has gradually faded, has it?
The two main reasons why people give up training is out of boredom or because they don’t find the necessary incentive. Therefore, we give you these tips to keep your motivation and not to fall into a sedentary lifestyle.
7 tips to continue at full speed after the first weeks of training
- Keep in mind the reasons why you decided to get active: never forget why you started moving and making healthy lifestyle choices. Everyone has a specific reason to exercise. No one knows it more than you do, and it’s important that you make it a clear goal and remind yourself of it every day.
- Make space in your schedule: don’t make the excuse that you don’t have time. If you are well organized, you can exercise several times a week, for an hour each day. It’s all about priorities – make health and wellbeing the most important!
- Set realistic goals – the objectives you set don’t have to be difficult to achieve. This way, you’ll feel better about yourself and be able to move forward. Don’t get overwhelmed, exercise must be positive, not painful or torturous.
- Opt for variety: this will help your motivation. One of the best ways to fight boredom is to do a varied workout. An exercise that is also fun and makes you feel good is doubly beneficial. Your personal trainer plays an important role in this. He or she will design a different workout every week that is tailored to your needs and goals. Also, we recommend that you complement your personal training with other activities such as walking, cycling, swimming, dancing… Choose the activity or activities in which you feel most comfortable and keep your desire and energy at a good level.
- Write down the processes: you will be more motivated to continue with your objectives if you write down the processes and improvements. Create your own healthy lifestyle journal, or get one of our Healthy 2019 Calendars to write down everything you achieve.
- Reward yourself: it’s important to stay motivated. So every time you reach a goal, give yourself a reward. This will make you want to exercise more and achieve your goals.
- Have fun training: one of the premises of the Sano centers is that training is a lot of fun. It is essential to arrive with a desire to eat the world when you exercise. One thing that can help is to listen to your favorite music or to train in small groups, with people who have the same goals as you.
Each of us has different reasons for exercising regularly, but knowing what aspects can keep us motivated will help to boost the positive results that physical activity brings. And remember: being healthy is not a goal, it’s a lifestyle!